Recipe by Garnet
So fast, easy and super delicious.
Top Review by ckambic
This was a very good soup! Next time I make it (yes, there will definitely be a next time), I might add a little more pepper to it, as I thought it could've used a little more heat, but then again, I like spicy. Thank you, Garnet for posting such a great recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups clam juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen white corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb canned crabmeat, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in clam juice and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add corn, salt, peppers, and thyme, mix well.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream and crab meat.
- Heat through.
- Add green onions, mix well and serve.