Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This dish is a lovely alternative to a regular broccoli casserole and goes beautifully with most entrees.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the broccoli using package directions and drain well.
- Saute the onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, rice, broccoli, and seasonings.
- Turn into a greased shallow 2-quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks in a large bowl until thick and lemon-colored. Stir in cheese.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form and fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- Remove casserole from the oven and stir. Spread the egg and cheese mixture over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes longer or until golden brown.
This was really good. The whole family liked it. I will put it into my rotation of dishes to make with broccoli. Made for ZWT 07
This is a nice flavored casserole. My family liked it but did not go crazy for it. Since we are broccoli fiends next time I would use one pound of frozen broccoli and reduce the rice to one cup for more of a "veggie" side dish. Made for the ZWT3 "How Does Your Garden Grow" challenge. Blessings to all of Amy's loved ones.