Recipe by Nasseh
A great breakfast to make when you don't feel like cooking. Put everything in the oven & leave it. Also good on the go, cut into squares & eat with your fingers.
Top Review by RedhairMac
Excellent recipe and very adaptable to personal taste and/or whatever you have on hand. I used cream cheese with chives, sharp cheddar cheese and 12 Jimmy Dean pork breakfast sausage links cut into bite-sized pieces. So fast and yummy -- we all enjoyed it with some fresh cantaloupe slices on the side.
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- 6 ounces cooked turkey sausage or 5 slices crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 5 -6 large eggs
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375F then spray a 9x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the tater tots in the bottom of the pan. Next sprinkle the turkey sausage or crumbled bacon over the tater tots.
- Note: If you want to add vegetables, such as mushrooms or green peppers, you should add them along with the meat.
- Whisk the half & half & cream cheese together in a bowl. Once smooth whisk in the eggs & spices then stir in the cheese. Pour over the tater tots then bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.