Opie's Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole
photo by zafellagalstaun
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 (2 lb) bag ore-ida frozen tater tots
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) low-fat sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package colby cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) container French-fried onions
- Mix everything but the Colby cheese and french's onions in a large bowl (make sure tots are still frozen so they don't break apart).
- Scoop mixture into one 9x13 pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Top with Colby cheese and then French's onions and bake for another 5-10 minutes until onions are golden brown.
Simple to throw together! Here's my personalized take on the recipe. I added sliced sauted mushrooms, chopped and sauted red peppers, and diced caramelized onions. For the soup I used cream of mushroom and added some seasoning salt for flavor and spice. This casserole is easy to adjust to suit your own tastes. Thanks for posting!
see 3 more reviews
I use one can of cream of mushroom and one of cream of chicken. I also have experimented with different cheeses. I like to top with colby-jack and using sharp cheddar. Adding a little cayenne pepper or your favorite hot sauce is good if you like to heat things up a little. Also, to make a breakfast dish, try adding some browned, ground breakfast sausage.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We are casual cooks who only pull out the knives for parties.