Breakfast Tater-Tot Casserole
Tasty breakfast version of the classic hot dish. Great for breakfast or dinner!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs frozen tater tots
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb spicy breakfast sausage
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs or 1/4 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- salt and pepper
- Prepare a glass baking dish (at least 8x10) by spreading butter along the bottom and sides.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, sour cream, chives, seasoned salt, hot sauce and salt and pepper and whisk until well blended.
- Add 2 cups cheddar and 1 cup mozzarella cheese and tots to mixture. Mix well until all tots are coated and all ingredients mixed.
- In small pan, cook sausage until just before done (sausage will finish in the oven), drain well and add to tot mixture.
- Pour the mixture into your pre-greased baking pan and top with the rest of the cheese and the bread crumbs. Spread topping evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Well, I substituted red onion for the chives, used cornbread stuffing & then mixed with the egg mixture and used the Mexican style cheese. I also increased the recipe to a dozen eggs and added additional ingredients accordingly. I also used oregano, parsley, garlic, & Italian seasoning salts for an added kick!
I did follow the recipe with a few exceptions.... I left out the hot sauce for those of us with sensitive stomachs. I also used red (sweet onions) for a better taste. I only had a few sausage links so I quickly browned them in the microwave & then chopped them up. I also used the cornbread stuffing that I had on hand & dumped it into the egg mixture instead of the topping.I also used an assortment of seasonings. End results were tender & delicious!! I will most definitely make this one again!