Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has scrambled eggs and sausage mixed right into corn muffins. It's from Taste of Home magazine, altered a bit to suit our tastes.
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 additional egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a muffin pan well with non-stick spray or line with paper liners.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs well and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, melt butter and add eggs. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Be sure to break up the eggs so they will be distributed through all the muffins.
- In a large bowl, prepare the corn muffin mix according to the package directions, using the additional egg and the 1/3 cup milk.
- Gently stir the sausage, scrambled eggs, and cheese into the corn muffin batter.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes before removing.
Very easy to prepare and everyone loved them! I made these for the freezer for those quick grab breakfast mornings. I just pop them in the microwave and wala! My 2 yo grand wanted syrup with hers...lol. Thank you for sharing!