Pete's Scratch Pancakes
It was the Fall of 1987 when Pete Nyhus walked into our office, just to visit. We started talking about breakfast, and he reached into a wastepaper basket and pulled out a scrap of teletype paper. He wrote out this recipe, and my family has never used pre-mix since.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, beat them separately before adding to mixture
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (1/8 of a pound)
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- Mix the dry items first.
- Combine the eggs and melted butter to the milk and slowly stir into the flour mixture.
- Heat the griddle to325 F or the pan to medium high let sit at least 10 minutes while heating the griddle orpan.
- These will be high, but light and fluffy -- .