Recipe by AZRT
Found this while searching for another recipe at cooks.com, The name caught my eye, although I have no idea what the origin is. I have some leftover chicken I need to use up and all the other ingredients on hand so will be trying this for supper tomorrow night.
Top Review by herb-princess
This was served at The Fort Restaurant west of Denver. One of the cooks was Kit Carson's great or grand daughter. She supplied the recipe to the Fort. (Kit Carson museum in Taos, NM) Kit was a guide all over the West. His wife was Hispanic. It is a wonderful, spicey and full of flavor. You can also garnish with cilantro, or use cilantro instead of oregano. We use the leftover roast chicken from the deli. Warming on a cold Colorado evening. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup chicken, cubed and cooked
- 1 -2 chipotle chiles, minced or 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 dash liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 cup rice, cooked and hot
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, cubed