Recipe by Noo
A wonderfully aromatic Indian potato dish. A great side dish to any Indian meal...and it's quick and easy too.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
These are my kind of potatoes. The balance of spices is perfect and the lemon and herb finish it off nicely. Served with grilled organic beef sausages and Recipe #449610. Thanks so much for posting.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon black onion seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- good squeeze lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- fresh coriander, chopped, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to boil, add the potatoes and simmer until just tender. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan then add the garlic along with the whole and ground spices. Fry gently for about 1-2 minutes, stirring until the mustard seeds start to pop.
- Add the potatoes and stir fry over a medium heat for about 5-10 minutes until heated through and well coated with the spiced oil.
- Season well and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.