photo by Yorky1000
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder, I use slightly more (or cayenne pepper)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 400 g potatoes, scrubbed and cubed (25 mm)
- salt, to taste
- Boil the potatoes, drain and leave to cool.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a medium flame. When hot, add the mustard seeds. When the seeds begin to pop, add the Cayenne pepper (or chili powder), turmeric and salt. Stir around for 1 minute then add the potatoes and stir fry for 5 minutes at which time they should be brown/yellow and coated in seeds.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the wok and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!