Crispy Fried Potatoes
- Ready In:
- Peel potatoes and cut into sticks about 1/2" thick and 4" long.
- Drop them into a bowl of cold water immediately after cutting to prevent discoloration.
- Pour 3" of oil into a deep fryer and heat to 350.
- Meanwhile, drain the potatoes and pat with paper towels until dry.
- Add the potatoes to the hot oil in batches that allow the potatoes to fry in a single layer (not too many at a time).
- Fry for about 5 minutes, or until they just turn brown.
- Remove them from the oil and place on paper towels to drain.
- Continue cooking each batch until they are all fried.
- Be sure to bring the temperature of the oil back up between batches.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet, in a single layer, and place in the freezer for one hour.
- Process the corn flakes and panko in a blender or food processor until fine.
- Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Combine the flour, salt and cayenne in a second shallow bowl.
- In a third bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Roll the partially frozen potato sticks in the flour, then dip them in the eggs, shaking off the excess, and then roll in the cornflake mixture.
- Repeat this process a second time, and place each fry in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Heat the oil to 375.
- Fry the potatoes in batches for 3- 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!