Crispy Fried Sweet Potatoes
photo by Heather Sullivan
- Ready In:
- Boil sweet potatoes and cool.
- Dice sweet potatoes and set aside.
- In skillet, cook bacon and onion until tender.
- Add sweet potatoes and sprinkle with salt and sugar.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat until potatoes are crispy on the bottom.
- Turn and crisp the other side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really yummy but the sweet potatoes only caramelised on the bottom and I couldn't flip the whole mass of sweet potato, bacon and onion. Maybe it was missing some extra oil or fat to help crisp up the sweet potatoes? I sliced up my sweet potatoes into four pieces and boiled them for 20-30minutes before cooling and cubing.