Molly Bloom's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked penne
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 (20 ounce) can roma tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 plump garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups of grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1In a frying pan, fry beef in 1 tbsp of olive oil until brown and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2In a deep saucepan, heat oil and fry onions, peppers, garlic and herbs until onions are lightly colored.
- 3Preheat oven at 400°F.
- 4Stir in canned tomatoes and tomato puree, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer in low heat for 5 minutes.
- 5Add grated parmesan cheese and ground beef and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- 6In an oven-safe glass dish, layer pasta and bolognese beef. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- 7Take out of the oven, and let it stand for 5 minutes. Buon Appetito!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bolognese Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.5
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.4 mg
- Sodium 423.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 29.9 g