Source of Recipe Eating Well Magazine Equip: Four 6oz glass or other ovenproof dishes
Make and share this Blueberry (Or Any Fruit) Crumble recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup pecans (chopped) or 1⁄4 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour or 2 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries or 2 1⁄2 cups fruit
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour or 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Make crumble topping: Combine oats, nuts, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl and stir until well blended.
- Drizzle oil over the dry ingredients and stir until evenly moistened. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss berries (or other fruit) with sugar, flour, and juice. Divide the mixture amounf four 6oz dishes. Top each with Crumble Topping.
- Place dishes on baking sheet.
- Bake the crumbles until the tops are browned and the filling is bubbling, 20 - 25 minute.
- Let stand for at least 10 minute before serving.
This was wonderful. I didn't have canola oil so I just melted some butter. It was nice having little individual servings! I'll definitely be making this again...soon!
What a great dessert! I really like the mixture of the oats and almonds. I didn't think 1/4 of the recipe would fit in one of my 1-cup dishes, so I divided it; however, it probably would have been fine since it fell a good bit in the oven. I will look forward to making this again! Thanks! Made for PAC Spring 2008.