Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I've made this one before and had lost the recipe. Found it again in a recipe group emailing today...HURRAY!! This is really good; moist and flavorful, sweet yet tangy. Make sure to use the glaze; it adds that extra zip to the cake.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix (can use a yellow cake mix instead)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs, cream cheese, oil, extracts and water; beat on low speed until blended; scrape bowl, add the grated lemon zest and beat 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir in the blueberries by hand then pour batter into the prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake in the in the 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Mix the confectioner's sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cooled cake.
Made this recipe as written, omitting sugar, and it came out delicous! Used fresh, grated lemon peel. Took a bit longer (70 min) to bake in my oven, but worth the extra time. My DH loved it and asked me to make this again!
What a hit this was! Moist and delicious. Don't let the thickness of the batter scare you.
Made this for friend recovering from surgery. Her DH liked so much, he asked for the recipe! It's deliciously moist and just plain delicious!!