Strawberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake
photo by crystalriley22
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 3⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Mix together cream cheese, butter, and sugar in mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add salt and the butter flavoring, and beat the mixture well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Stir in the flour.
- Gradually add the sliced strawberries, gently folding them in after each addition.
- Spoon the batter into a greased and floured bundt cake pan and bake in a preheated 325° oven for 1 1/4 hours, until the cake begins to shrink from the sides of the pan or until cake tests done.
- Remove cake from oven and place on cooling racks for 15 minutes to cool.
- Gently remove cake from pan and allow to cool thoroughly on wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar to serve.
Questions & Replies
see 11 more questions
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.