Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Mark Bittman. Everybody loves it even those who hate coleslaw. So, I had to post it.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 6 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, vinegar, sugar, & oil.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, peppers, scallions & parsley.
- Add dressing to veggies & toss well to combine. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Amazing! The only thing I did different was to dice the red pepper instead of slicing. I will keep this handy to make again. Thanks for posting. Made for Diabetic Forum Greens for Spring.
So good, even my daughter ate it (she who hates raw cabbage and refuses to eat it). The dressing is fabulous and works so well with the slaw. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap 41.
This was flavorful and fresh tasting, but I would omit the parsley next time--it didn't quite work for me. I used yellow peppers since that's what I had but I'd go with the sweeter red ones next time.