Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice "not hot" recipe that goes over well with all who have tried it.
- 6 whole chicken breasts, boneless
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 whole green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 whole red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Put chicken in a shallow bowl and add onion, thyme, parsley, bell peppers, tomatoes, rosemary, garlic, salt and peppers, soy sauce and lime juice.
- Let stand at least 2 hours, turning to coat.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add sugar and let it brown and bubble.
- Add chicken and let it brown thoroughly, about 10 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- Add marinade and cook on low heat, covered, until tender: about 45 minutes.
Excellent dish!! The flavors are perfect. I served this with white rice.....Thanks for sharing.