- Ready In:
20 bite size pieces
- 10 jalapeno peppers (small size)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut Jalapenos in half lengthwise .
- Scrape out all of the seeds and veins and discard . (This is the HOT part of the pepper).
- In a medium bowl, blend cheeses,salsa and 1/4 cup breadcrumbs with a fork.
- Fill Jalapenos evenly . Place on a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, blend remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, parsley and butter.
- Distribute evenly over filled peppers.
- Sprinkle with salt
- Bake until golden and crisp - about 20 minutes.
Join The Conversation
Very tasty, and easy to do. Made exactly to the recipe except for using dried parsley instead of fresh. These yummy bundles were well received at a holiday get together starring all kinds of appies. I liked the make ahead feature also because I could tote these fully prepared to bake and just pop them in the oven when I got there, and serve 'em fresh and hot.