Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from "Green Hills Garden Club Cooks...Favorite Recipes from Vicksburg, MS" (Linda Styron).
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 onion, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Moisten breadcrumbs with milk.
- Add meat and form into 4 patties.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Brown patties in oil.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, ketchup, and onion.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately on hamburger buns.
- recpe may be doubled.
I also used frozen patties. I just grilled them and added them to the sauce. Everyone enjoyed the flavour.
This recipe was wonderful. My husband loved it. The patties were very juicy and flavorful. I did alter the recipe slightly because I added additional Worchestershire sauce, onion, and minced garlic to the meat itself. I also used ground turkey instead of ground beef. This will become a staple in our household
These were very good and simple to make. I can see a lot of variations that you could do with this. I also liked the BBQ sauce and may make it for other things on the grill. Thanks for sharing!