Homemade Hamburger Buns (Bread Machine)
You will never want to buy hamburger buns again after trying this recipe. Easy to do using a bread machine and so awesome! You can also top rolls with sesame seeds after brushing with melted butter.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk, slightly warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients, except butter, in pan of bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
- Cut dough in half and roll each half out to a 1" thick circle.
- Cut each half into six 3 1/2" rounds with inverted glass as a cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheet far apart and brush with melted butter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
- Bake at 350° for 9 minutes.
- Note: Oven temperatures vary so check after 9 minutes to see if done. Some reviewers baked these anywhere from 12 to 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a wonderful recipe and I will be making these buns over and over again. I followed the ingredients to the T. I did not roll and cut. I just formed by hand and let them rise covered for an hour. I brushed with melted butter just before I popped my pan in the oven and I baked them for 15 minutes. Perfect, perfect, perfect. These are delicious.
Excellent buns. We always found store bought buns either too big and/or too soft. They often fell apart. As they were so full of air, they didn't have much integrity. These have a perfect density. We found the recipe made 18 buns, obviously a bit thinner, but more to our liking. As leftovers for eating without a hamburger patty, we found them a bit sweet. I'd like to try this recipe as the base for raisin bread. I think it would be perfect for that.