Summer Seafood Pasta Salad
photo by Andi Longmeadow Farm
- Ready In:
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, small, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 -10 ounces angel hair pasta
- Marinate shrimp, onion, celery, salt and lemon pepper in the Italian dressing in a large salad bowl.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water, to which a dollop of cooking oil has been added, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Toss together the pasta and marinate mixture.
- Add mayonnaise, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss salad; sprinkle more cheese on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum. Made pretty much as directed using the angel hair, fat free dressing and light mayo as well and less Parm for today's lunch. Even though only for me (DH no likey shrimp either). I knew perfectly well that I'd have at least a cup per serving. I love this! Very high yum factor that should please the entire family unless you have a member like my DH. :D
see 7 more reviews
This is very good. I had just 12 oz shrimp so reduced accordingly. I used recipe #63812 (made into dressing) and left out the celery. I also did not have lemon pepper so just left it and the salt out (the dressing had enough). Used medium shell pasta instead of angel hair. Next time I might add some diced bell pepper in place of the celery. This was very tasty for lunch today. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>