Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin
This recipe is from "Green Hills Garden Club Cooks...Favorite Recipes from Vicksburg, MS" (Betty Kamman). Very tasty dish!
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces fresh broccoli florets
- 8 ounces fresh cauliflower florets
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 0.5 (1 1/2 ounce) package parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower for 6-8 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Arrange florets in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Stir together mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onions, mustard, and cayenne pepper.
- Spoon over florets.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this for our early Easter dinner when I was pressed for time and couldn't make an elaborate broccoli and cauliflower dish. Everyone loved this! I had no onions, so left those out, and added a little olive oil to the bread crumbs. Otherwise, it was very rich and tasty, and the cayenne added a nice little kick. I would recommend this!Reply
see 5 more