Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I haven't had any of my daughters' friends over for lunch or dinner that turned this sandwich down. Its worth cooking. The sauce can me refrigerated for up to 2 months.
- 907.18 g boneless pork shoulder
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- aluminum foil
- 8 hamburger buns
- 473.18 ml catsup
- 473.18 ml cider vinegar
- 236.59 ml water
- 177.44 ml packed dark brown sugar
- 59.14 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml black pepper
- hot pepper
- Rub pork with brown sugar.
- Wrap loosely in foil.
- Roast at 350°F for 2 ½-3 hours until very tender.
- Pull into shreds with fork.
- Spoon ½ cup in each bun.
- Top each with 1 tbsp barbecue sauce.
While I generally prefer a spicy rub, the simple brown sugar was nice for a change. We enjoyed the sauce--I did simmer it for a while, then refrigerated overnight to allow flavors to blend before serving. I used a 5-pound Boston butt and cut it in half, but went ahead and cooked it all--I now have half in the freezer to look forward to later. :) Thanks for posting!