Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is a simple, lovely way to serve fresh summer berries. I made this for brunch today and found it a refreshing end to the meal. This dish could also be made year-round using unsweetened frozen berries that have been thawed. Note: Preparation time includes time needed for berries to sit at room temperature.
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, hulled and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light cream (or half-and-half or milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine berries, lemon zest and sugar. Gently toss, being careful not to break the blackberries and raspberries too much.
- Allow berry mixture to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes until berries begin to create their own juice, and sugar is dissolved.
- Serve in four small serving bowls (or dessert bowls) with around 2 tbs. cream drizzled attop per bowl.