Berry Berry Bread
photo by lannlawson
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine oil, eggs, and sugar; mix well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, stirring until just moistened.
- Stir in berries and nuts.
- Spoon mixture into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees or until done.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- **Testfor doneness-toothpick in center of bread comes out clean.
A very good way to use berries! I made this with strawberries and raspberries. The two kinds of berries gives a contrast of flavors that is very delicious. So easy to make! My choice for nuts was pecans. We toasted pieces of the bread and served it with butter and strawberry jam. Good job Nurse Di!!
I made this using raspberries and blueberries. It was not what I expected. Perhaps it would have been sweeter if I had used strawberries, but I would have liked it to be sweeter. I thought it would be a great way to get the kids to eat berries they might not normally try, they didn't like it. I think I will keep looking, but thank you.
see 3 more reviews