Summer Berry Tart
photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry (my sheet was 12oz)
- 1 cup light cream cheese, I used Philadelphia
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup fresh blackberries
- 3⁄4 cup fresh raspberry
- 16 large strawberries (probably around 2 cups, I wanted them lined up symmetrically)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking tray. Place ready rolled pastry onto your tray and score a rectangle into the pastry, 1-2 inches from the edge. Poke the middle of the pastry with a fork.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until risen, puffy and golden. Leave to cool completely.
- Once cool, place the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla into a medium bowl and beat until light and smooth, about 1 minute on medium speed.
- Pour onto cooled pastry and smooth with a small spatula.
- Cover the cream cheese with fresh berries. (You can tip them on randomly or line them up, I'm a little OCD with symmetry!).
- Dust with icing sugar if desired. Tart will keep in an airtight container, in the fridge for 2 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!