Large Sausage Apple and Onion Lattice Roll
photo by robd16
- Ready In:
- 2 sheets of ready rolled puff pastry
- 500 g sausage meat
- 1 slice day-old white bread, as breadcrumbs
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder (could use prepared mustard)
- 1⁄2 cup milk, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl mix everything together thoroughly apart from the puff pastry.
- Lay out 1 of the puff pastry sheets and imagine it is split into 3 equal sections.
- Arrange half of the sausage mixture straight down the middle of the imaginary middle section and with a knife score all the way through the pastry, lines going down in a diagonal. This will make more sense as you do it.
- Overlap strips from each side over the middle of the sausage mixture and repeat with the other sheet of pastry and other half of mixture.
- Brush with milk
- Bake for 15-25 minutes on a greased baking sheet until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Absolutely gorgeous!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I come from a family of food loves, in fact its the subject we talk about most! I've been trying to write a cookbook for years but always hit stumbling blocks or wanted to go in another direction. Its not as easy as it looks! I've decided to upload my all time favorite recipes onto this website. Trust me when I say that good recipes don't make it onto my page, only the truly great and AMAZINGLY TASTY or ingenious and unusual ones do. Most are tried and tested but some I just give the general idea for. You get the gist! I really appriciate your reviews and comments so If you've made or tasted one of my recipes then please leave me some feedback!