Berry Cream Muffins
photo by Dorel
- Ready In:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen raspberries or 3 cups blueberries
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add berries and toss gently. Combine eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe worked out perfectly for me since I had a leftover bag of mixed frozen berries and a tub of sour cream that was about to expire. Using the amount of ingredients as directed, my batch made 24 muffins one mini loaf. I also used half Splenda, half sugar (i.e. 1 cup of each), and that worked out really well. These are sooo delicious! I am not a huge berry fan, but these muffins are truly awesome. I will definitely make them again!<br/>These muffins are very moist, so I will freeze some of them to keep them from gong bad. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!
I made these with about two cups of strawberries and a cup of blackberries since that's what I had on hand when I was craving muffins. I followed the recipe, though next time I think I'll wait to fold the berries in until after the wet ingredients since they broke apart. Smelled amazing baking. I baked them at 375'ish (my oven temps are not exactly accurate) and the twelve tin took about 25 min total. Very plushy, great taste and crumb structure. Will make again, thanks for posting!
see 3 more reviews