Prep 24 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
- 3 lbs rolled boneless pork roast
- 3 cups beer
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Place meat in a deep casserole dish large enough to hold it and marinade.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups beer and next 7 ingredients pour over meat.
- Add more beer to just cover the meat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally.
- Strain marinade, reserving solids and liquid.
- Place solids, carrot and celery in bottom of a roasting pan.
- Put meat on top.
- Add a little liquid.
- Roast in a 350º F oven 1 hour.
- Pour on 1/4 of remaining marinade over meat.
- Continue roasting for 1 to 1 1/2 hours more, basting occasionally with drippings and more marinade.
- until meat thermometer registers 170º F.
- Mix flour and 1/3 cup marinade to a smooth pasted.
- Place roast on serviving dish keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid, strain, add flour mixture and water to measure 2 cups, cook in roasting pan stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Serve sauce over sliced meat.