Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A pretty quick and easy recipe. Just a tip, if you par-freeze the beef first it makes it easier to slice. Enjoy
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- 1 red chile, deseeded and chopped
- 200 g filet of beef, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- rice, to serve
- Combine oyster and soy sauces along with sesame oil, sugar and cornflour in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil in a wok.
- Swirl to coat.
- Add half the beef and stir fry until browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining peanut oil and beef and remove and set aside.
- Add garlic, ginger and chilli to the wok.
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add onion and capsicum and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Return the beef to the pan along with the combined sauces.
- Stir to warm through.
- Serve immediately with rice.
Excellent recipe. Defininately stir-fry meat only until browned and then remove. Next do the veg, and then add the meat near the end again. Omitting this will result in overly cooked , tough, beef.
Hubby and Little Miss (DD) really enjoyed this dish. I didn't eat any because I don't eat red meat, however I can comment how quick it's to cook this recipe. I used a meat hammer to make the beef slices even thinner. I also reduced the chilli so Little Miss could also eat it. I also added green capsicums to add more colour to the dish. Thanks so much for your wonderful recipe Terese
Good tasting recipe! I have added a bit of water to the sauce because it tends to get sticky and I've also lessened the chili as I'm not very fond of spicy food. But I love this version of beef with oyster sauce. The second time I cooked it, I added mushroom, next tme I'll try it with brocolli.