Stir Fry Maitake Mushroom & Beef With Oyster Sauce
photo by kda949
- Ready In:
- 7 ounces maitake mushrooms
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, sliced into strips
- 2 green onions, cut to desired size
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 2 -3 leaves Chinese cabbage, sliced into 1 in. strips (aka Napa cabbage or you could use Bok Choy)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 -4 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- Marinate the beef in a mixture of equal parts soy sauce and white wine for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Break maitake mushrooms into bite sized pieces.
- Heat oil in wok on high heat (peanut oil works best for stirfry because of the high heat but I use canola oil without any problems).
- Add red pepper, green onion and eggplant to the wok and stir fry.
- Add beef, Maitake Mushrooms, Chinese cabbage and oyster sauce to the mixture. Stir well and cook until beef is cooked through.
- If desired, add 1-4 tsp corn starch to thicken the sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in sunny So. Cal with my hubbie and two daughters. We live close to the beach and spend as much time there as possible- especially my husband who surfs as much as possible! We love to go camping, travel to Hawaii and hang out around the house with friends and neighbors (when I'm not shuttling kids here and there!) I enjoy cooking and have a passion for cookbooks, but since I found this website and allrecipes.com I can't find an excuse to buy any more!