Recipe by lets.eat
Their is nothing really special about this recipe. Just good-plain comfort food. My eldest DS had two helpings, so that tells me something! This recipe is from Quick Cooking, I'm giving you their instructions on microwaving the potatoes, but I did mine on the stovetop. I also used brown gravy WITH onions, and cooked that directly in the same skillet as the ground beef, not separtely.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (7/8 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in garlic powder and onion powder.
- Prepare gravy according to package directions. Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl; add milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on medium speed until smooth (or use a potato masher). Serve beef and gravy over mashed potatoes.