- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry cabbage in oil until cabbage begins to soften.
- Add beef; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the onions and celery; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the bean sprouts, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; stir into beef mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are tender.
- Serve over rice.