Thai Shrimp and Cabbage Stir-Fry (Low Carb)
photo by TheDancingCook
- Ready In:
- 2 cups shredded cabbage or 2 cups bagged coleslaw mix
- 6 teaspoons your favorite cooking oil (I have used olive oil, coconut oil and peanut oil)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 medium shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced or 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in a skillet or a stir fry pan.
- Add cabbage and stir fry cabbage for about 2 minutes or until tender.
- Remove cabbage and keep warmed; sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In the same pan, add 3 tsp of oil and stir fry onions and garlic until tender.
- Add the shrimp, water and soy sauce; cook until shrimp turns pink.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper flakes, stir.
- Serve shrimp mixture over cabbage.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Welcome! I joined this website in 2001, as a new wife and Mom of a 1 y/o and I was 28 yrs old and did not know about cooking. I found this website cause I searched the web and wanted to find a good recipe for carrots! I found that recipe and so much more here over the years. I learned so much from this website and opened up my eyes to other recipes. I now am 46 y/o. I am now divorced and my then 1 y/o son is now a Marine. I have a wonderful man in my life that loves and appreciates my cooking and I thank this site for all of its help. I still come here for recipes. I hope you like my recipes and your family enjoys them also....there is many here and I love to pass them on.