Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my husband's favorite ways of preparing green beans. My mom loves it too!
Make and share this Bavarian Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Combine beans and a small amount of water in a saucepan, over a moderate flame.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and steam until tender and heated through.
- Remove from heat, drain well.
- Combine bacon and onions in a skillet, over a moderate flame heat and stir for 5-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add beer and sugar-mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add the spaetzle and pour over beans.
- Serve hot.
- Here is a spaetzle recipe. I haven't tried it yet. I generally use the Recipe #2 from Norpro Spaetzle Maker package. I'll post that recipe as Spaetzle Recipe #2.