Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my husband's favorite ways of preparing green beans. My mom loves it too!
Make and share this Bavarian Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 18 ounces frozen green beans
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 4 ounces beer
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup spaetzle noodles
- Combine beans and a small amount of water in a saucepan, over a moderate flame.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and steam until tender and heated through.
- Remove from heat, drain well.
- Combine bacon and onions in a skillet, over a moderate flame heat and stir for 5-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add beer and sugar-mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add the spaetzle and pour over beans.
- Serve hot.
- Here is a spaetzle recipe. I haven't tried it yet. I generally use the Recipe #2 from Norpro Spaetzle Maker package. I'll post that recipe as Spaetzle Recipe #2.
Exactly what I was looking for. I did not have a beer handy so I used some homemade chicken stock concentrate-other than that I followed your ingredients/directions and am thrilled with the results! Easy recipe to follow-GREAT flavor and yes, I will be making this again. And again. And...