Recipe by abigail363
This is my husband's favorite ways of preparing green beans. My mom loves it too!
Top Review by Dib's
Exactly what I was looking for. I did not have a beer handy so I used some homemade chicken stock concentrate-other than that I followed your ingredients/directions and am thrilled with the results! Easy recipe to follow-GREAT flavor and yes, I will be making this again. And again. And...
- 18 ounces frozen green beans
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 4 ounces beer
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup spaetzle noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans and a small amount of water in a saucepan, over a moderate flame.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and steam until tender and heated through.
- Remove from heat, drain well.
- Combine bacon and onions in a skillet, over a moderate flame heat and stir for 5-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add beer and sugar-mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add the spaetzle and pour over beans.
- Serve hot.
- Here is a spaetzle recipe. I haven't tried it yet. I generally use the Recipe #2 from Norpro Spaetzle Maker package. I'll post that recipe as Spaetzle Recipe #2.