Chef #363's Note:
This is my husband's favorite ways of preparing green beans. My mom loves it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine beans and a small amount of water in a saucepan, over a moderate flame.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and steam until tender and heated through.
- 3Remove from heat, drain well.
- 4Combine bacon and onions in a skillet, over a moderate flame heat and stir for 5-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- 5Add beer and sugar-mix well.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Heat to a boil.
- 8Remove from heat, add the spaetzle and pour over beans.
- 9Serve hot.
- 10Here is a spaetzle recipe. I haven't tried it yet. I generally use the Recipe #2 from Norpro Spaetzle Maker package. I'll post that recipe as Spaetzle Recipe #2.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bavarian Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.1
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 192.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: