Shrimp and Crawfish Creole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb small shrimp (frozen ok)
- 1 lb crawfish tail
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley sprig, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- In med. sauce pot sauté onions, bell pepper, garlic, celery and butter.
- Add shrimp and crawfish, cover and cook over med.
- heat until shrimp and crawfish are cooked down and pink.
- Add tomato paste and sauce, cook about 30-40 minute over low-med heat.
- Add parsley and green onions.
- Cook another 5 minute.
- serve over hot rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is great! Very versatile! I made it with just crawfish once, and just shrimp once. The only thing I added was 1/2 sweet red pepper. It ws very simple to make, and even with a whole stick of butter - it's not too bad calorie-wise. WW pts - 6 when you break it down into 8 servings. This recipe is added to my book! Thanks Chef!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Houston, Tx.I am an electrician for Austin Industrial that works in the refineries.I love to cook for fun.I would have to say that I do not have a perticular favorite cookbook.My passion is trying all types of recipies.