Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
I found this recipe in our local newspaper. It produces a wonderfully flavored tender grilled steak. Cook time includes marinading.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- salt and pepper
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine vinegar, oil, basil, mustard, garlic and sugar; mix well.
- Add steak, turn to coat and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- When ready to cook, remove steak and discard marinade.
- Grill steak 17 to 21 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Slice steak crosswise and serve.
WOW!! You can't go wrong with this one!! What a wonderful taste!! I did not have fresh basil so I used dried. I also used a bit more garlic as we just love garlic, and it was still great. I marinated the steak for about 4 hours and then grilled it. This is a definite keeper!!! Thanx for sharing!
This was wonderful, Mike thought it was a little too strong so in the interest of fairness to his tastebuds I only gave this 4 stars, but I loved it. I cut the sugar since I used a very good balasmic vin. and marinated it for about 7 hours (while I was at work). We grilled it and some of the marinade did char on the grill which added to my enjoyment but not Mikes. If you don't like char make sure there is no basil on the meat and pat it dry b4 grilling. We like rare meat so grilled for only 5 minutes per side. I will make this again and look forward to sharring it with friends. Thank you.
Simply wonderful! Marinated 2 rib eyes for about 4 hours and Hubby grilled them to a perfect medium rare. Very easy to do and the balsamic gives the steak just the right tang. Thanks Chris!