Recipe by Chris from Kansas
I found this recipe in our local newspaper. It produces a wonderfully flavored tender grilled steak. Cook time includes marinading.
Top Review by Palmtreesbend
WOW!! You can't go wrong with this one!! What a wonderful taste!! I did not have fresh basil so I used dried. I also used a bit more garlic as we just love garlic, and it was still great. I marinated the steak for about 4 hours and then grilled it. This is a definite keeper!!! Thanx for sharing!
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine vinegar, oil, basil, mustard, garlic and sugar; mix well.
- Add steak, turn to coat and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- When ready to cook, remove steak and discard marinade.
- Grill steak 17 to 21 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Slice steak crosswise and serve.