Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2006.
- 14.79 ml butter (for greasing)
- 4 apricots, cut in half and pitted
- 59.16 ml slivered almonds
- 59.16 ml honey
- 0.25 ml ground ginger (or grated nutmeg)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly butter an ovenproof dish large enough to hold the apricot halves in a single layer.
- Arrange the apricots in the dish, cut side up.
- Sprinkle the apricots with the almonds and drizzle the honey over the top.
- Dust with the ginger.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the apricots are tender and the almonds golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve at once, with ice cream on the side, if you want.
Found some lovely apricots at the store and decided to try this -- glad I did! I made a half-recipe because I was the only one home. I didn't have any slivered almonds, so I chopped up a few whole almonds instead. I drizzled some extra honey over them after they baked, too. I sprinkled them with a little too much ginger, so they were a bit zingy, but that was my own fault. I didn't have any apricot-friendly ice cream in the house, so I just ate them as-is. I'll definitely be keeping this recipe on hand for apricot season, thanks for posting! Made for the Emerald City Shakers for ZWT7
If you like apricots, then you'll love this recipe. Mine were cooked perfectly in 10 minutes. I did use Agave in place of honey, but made them as written otherwise. Served them for breakfast, drizzled with some vanilla yogurt. Very nice. THANKS Kim!!! Recipenapped for Veg*n Tag July 2009.
Kim, I'm so sorry but this recipe just didn't suit our tastes. We love apricots, almonds and honey, so I thought we would enjoy the dish. Somehow the flavor combination just didn't suit us. Thanks for posting Kim. Made for Potluck, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.