Recipe by Kim127
Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2006.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Found some lovely apricots at the store and decided to try this -- glad I did! I made a half-recipe because I was the only one home. I didn't have any slivered almonds, so I chopped up a few whole almonds instead. I drizzled some extra honey over them after they baked, too. I sprinkled them with a little too much ginger, so they were a bit zingy, but that was my own fault. I didn't have any apricot-friendly ice cream in the house, so I just ate them as-is. I'll definitely be keeping this recipe on hand for apricot season, thanks for posting! Made for the Emerald City Shakers for ZWT7
- 14.79 ml butter (for greasing)
- 4 apricots, cut in half and pitted
- 59.16 ml slivered almonds
- 59.16 ml honey
- 0.25 ml ground ginger (or grated nutmeg)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly butter an ovenproof dish large enough to hold the apricot halves in a single layer.
- Arrange the apricots in the dish, cut side up.
- Sprinkle the apricots with the almonds and drizzle the honey over the top.
- Dust with the ginger.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the apricots are tender and the almonds golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve at once, with ice cream on the side, if you want.