Arroz Al Horno (Baked Spanish Rice)
Recipe posted for ZWT5 from Top Tours of Spain site.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, add more if necessary later
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 potato, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 chorizo sausages, thickly sliced
- 4 cups rice
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 3 saffron strands, crumbled
- 1 head garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in pan on medium; sauté pork for 3 minutes.
- Add potato rounds; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and tomatoes.
- Lower the heat and cook gently for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix in chorizo and rice; stir well.
- Pour in stock and crumbled saffron.
- Bring to boil.
- Place mixture in a casserole dish; cover.
- Place a halved garlic head on top.
- Bake in a medium oven for about 45 minutes.
- Remove garlic head before serving.
- Taste for salt preferences.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Receta de magnifico! It can be a one meal in itself but we also served it with Recipe #371131 along with Recipe #113983. I used ground beef though when I fried it in extra virgin olive oil then added the rest if the ingredients and also used fresh vined tomatoes. After baking, it looked so nice! Muchas gracias!Made for ZWT5.1Reply
Receta de Fantasic as they say in spain! very filling and extremely tasty. I changed a couple of things, I put in chopped tinned plum tomatos due to a lack of fresh ones (I like cherry toms and would have had to use loads!) and I cut down the amount of rice used from 4 cups to 1 cup as it would have exploded out of my casserole dish! The chorizo just flavoured the dish so well. This would make a perfect winter warmer without being too heavy! fabuloso!1Reply