Recipe by Ed&Theresa
Excellent Mild Asian flavor. If you like it more kicked up, double the amount of garlic, teriyaki, soy and hoisin sauce. This recipe has been updated because the ingredients were originally for 1/2 lb steak.
Top Review by yamakarasu
This was a great recipe for my crock pot. I used flank steak and had it going for about 6 hours, half on the "low" setting, and the last few hours on "high". (I sliced the meat a little thicker than 1/4") I had a lot of meat, so I added a lot more of the sauce ingredients. I added large chunks of carrots and celery as well. It had a lot of rich flavours, while not being too overpowering. It was great with a lot of rice to soak up the lovely sauce! Thanks for a tasty meal :)
- 1 lb skirt steaks or 1 lb flank steak
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 14 ounces beef stock
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the steak across the grain into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a bowl, combine pepper, salt, garlic and sugar, stir.
- Put your steak slices in the mixture and toss.
- Put steak into crockpot, add beef broth and stir.
- Add teriyaki, soy and hoison sauce, stir.
- Add chopped onions and sliced red pepper, stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours depending on your crock pot.
- Serve over noodles or rice.