Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great chutney recipe, pairs well with meats and chips!
Make and share this Apple Mango Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 2 Granny Smith apples (peeled and cut into 1/4 inch chunks)
- 1 can sliced mango (drain the juice or syrup, cut into 1/2 inch chunks)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- Add all of the ingredients to a pot and cook under low to medium heat (keep a slight simmer) for up to 1 hour or until apples are tender, stirring frequently.
A good chutney! The small amount of spices really go a long way in this recipe- it was just right. Very nice apple flavors, and it's not too sweet.