Traditional Mango Chutney
- Ready In:
- 4 cups mangoes (Ripe)
- 1⁄2 cup lime, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup fresh ginger, Grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup white raisins
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove, Ground
- Mango: Hard, ripe, peeled, seeded and sliced.
- Place all ingredients in heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for about 12 hours.
- Again bring to a boil, lower heat, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour into hot sterilized jars.
- Vacuum seal.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Wowza! what a sensational taste! I had only used a store bought chutney before--never again! The red pepper is perfect, unless you like it very mild, but I wouldn't change a thing. I made half of this recipe expecting to get nearly 2 pints, one for a friend and the rest for me. I followed the suggestion to let it cook down with the lid off for the first simmer. I got exactly 1 pint or 400ml. So the author is correct in 4 half pint jars for the full recipe. This was simple and straight forward to make and delicious! * tip* do all the chopping, dicing and grating the night before and it's a pleasure to put together the next day. cheers