Mom's Mango Chutney
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My mom is well-known in this area for her homemade jellies, jams, and chutneys. This is the recipe she uses for her famous mango chutney. She got it from Southern Living but don't tell her friends ;)
- Ready In:
- 3 large mangoes, peeled and chopped (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup peeled chopped cooking apple (Granny Smith)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large glass bowl.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Transfer mixture to a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower the heat and cook 1 1/2 hours, stirring frequently.
- Divide mixture into airtight containers.
- Store in refrigerator up to 1 week; may keep in freezer for up to 6 months.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation