Pineapple Mango Chutney
photo by bonitabanana
- Ready In:
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 apple, cored, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, chopped (from a can)
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients & simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture has a jam-like consistency, about 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature, then store covered in a 4-cup container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!