Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
An excellent-tasting, golden , fruity quick bread made with fresh tart apples and dried cranberries. Recipe is easily doubled for two loaves.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups tart apples, peeled and diced
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°;grease a 9"x5"x3" loaf pan.
- Beat oil, eggs, and vanilla; combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, cloves,salt, baking soda and baking powder; beat into the egg mixture; stir in apples, cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean; cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove loaf from pan and cool on wire rack.
Oh YUM! this is so moist and the flavor just explodes in your mouth. This is a must make recipe
So good! I couldn't find my dried cranberries, so I used dried cherries instead-tasted great! The only problem was, it didn't last long enough to even wrap it up and put it away. I would advise making 2 loaves from the start.
Very good tasting bread. I used only 1 cup of sugar and found it very sweet. I used half Splenda and half sugar. I grated the apples and used some ww pastry flour with the all-purpose flour. It is delicious with a cup of coffee in the morning. Thanks, Carole in Orlando