Apricot Nut Bread
photo by melting pot
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
2 7x3x2-inch loaf pans
- In a small saucepan, cook the apricots in water until soft; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease and lightly flour two 7x3x2-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in butter, milk, orange juice, and egg; mix well.
- Fold in dried apricots, nuts, and orange peel.
- Spoon into prepared pans.
- Bake 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have tried several recipes and this is the best. I double the recipe and add about 1 teaspoon nutmeg to the flour, I use 3 eggs, and add some vanilla. Just make sure to wrap it up tight after its cooled so it stays moist... Time saving tip I will share is just to chop the apricots, place them in a glass measuring cup-add water, cover with Saran wrap, heat in microwave and then leave them covered until ready to use... Enjoy!! This recipe is a hit both at work and home!!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in to Jacksonville, FL with my husband, 2 daughters (17 and 11), 4 cats, and 2 dogs. My favorite things to make are cookies/bars and pound cakes. I have had a great time cooking since discovering Recipezaar January 2002. This is a picture of my youngest cat, Lily. She is my sweet sweet little baby.