Apricot Nut Bread
photo by Chickee
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 10 large dried apricot halves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a non-stick 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Measure all ingredients into a large mixer bowl.
- Beat on medium speed for 30 seconds, scrape sides and bottom of bowl.
- Pour into pan and bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes; turn out and cool thoroughly.
- Slice into 16 even slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I came to this site in March of 2004. It was then called Recipezaar. This site was the first on-line site that I ever joined. I first popped in 2003 while searching for a Peach Cobbler Recipe. In March of 2004, DH was having shoulder surgery and I was looking for a Split Pea Soup. Once again I found myself on Zaar as it came to be called. Over the years I hung out and learned from some of the best home cooks in the country, I posted over 700 recipes on the site, reviewed over 3500 recipes and posted over 3000 food photos. Over the next 10 years the site made many changes and in 2010 it was sold to to Food Network and became Food.com. Until last year we played games, talked and shared with one another. As a result of the community and the relationships I built I got to meet some wonderful people from all over the country. I also have a great number of friends that I have never meet face to face. Some of us still hang out at various places across the net. Zaar was more than a cooking community. It was an internet community of friendship. Life is an adventure ever changing.