Cranberry Orange Quick Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- Sugared Cranberries for cake, (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter or grease a Bundt cake pan well; set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse together 3 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Combine orange juice and grated rind with well beaten eggs. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Dust the halved cranberries with remaining 1 tablespoon of flour. Carefully fold halved cranberries into batter. Spoon the batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing to cool.
- Add confectioner's sugar to a small mixing bowl. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until glaze is spreadable, but not runny. Spread generously over warm cake allow glaze to run down the sides of the bread.
- Cool bread completely before slicing and serving.
- Serve with sugared cranberries, optional.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!