Apple Cranberry Scones
photo by bonitabanana
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, chilled
- 1 apple, peeled cored and shredded
- 1⁄2 dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Measure flour, sugar,baking powder,soda,and salt into a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add shredded apple, cranberries and milk.
- Stir to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead gently 8 to 10 times.
- Pat into two 6 inch circles.
- Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut each circle into six pie-shaped wedges.
- Place onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or until browned.
- Serve warm with Butter.
A very nice scone recipe. You are so right about the aroma and taste. I loved the tart cranberries with a tart Granny Smith apple, with just enough sugar. Warm right out of the oven with a little butter, there is nothing better. They baked up beautifully and I was very pleased with the outcome. Thanks, Barbara for sharing this wonderful recipe.
I am always buying scones, in different stores, in different cities. Yesterday, my housekeeper asked me which my favorite flavor scone was and suggested I find a recipe. This was it. She made these this morning and they are as good as the ones I buy at Mary's Marvelous Bakery in East Hampton. Just delicious. Just moist and sweet enough. I don't need any butter to make these outstanding. Thanks for the recipe.
These were delish! The first batch I made per the recipe & sent to DH's work & got raves. The next morning when I made them to take to my daughter's playgroup, I added a little extra shredded apple & mixed that with a sprinkle (or two, lol) of cinnamon & sugar. Both versions were great. Thanks Barb!